A DPS extension for XFree86 -- task list
Time-stamp: <24 February 2001>
- Fix crashes with transparency and glyph subsampling.
- Destroy VMs when they are no longer used; currently, local VMs are
- Fix the global garbage collector (the local garbage collector
- Implement the inter-context synchronisation primitives (currently
we only support ``fork'' and ``detach'').
- Implement the NeXT extensions to Display PostScript (partly
- Work on the memory usage:
- make the glyph cache global;
- choose smaller sizes for the stacks.
- Implement the ``%font%'' pseudo-device.
- Check whether DPS can work when drawing on drawables other than
windows and pixmaps (notably DBE backbuffers).
- Continue working on improving the rendering code.
- Implement support for non-cubic colour cubes (e.g. under
depth 16 TrueColor in XFree86).
- Improve the quality of the Type 1/Type 2 and the Type 42
(TrueType) renderers available. (This is a generic GhostScript
improvement, but one that is particularly important for DPS.)
(See the gsft page.)
- Improve the performance of bitmap images.
- Make GhostScript resource handling compatible with the Adobe
implementation, especially fonts. Currently the resource installation
procedures differ between the extension and client applications
(use the resource location library psres).
- Implement cached forms?
- Improve the performance of userpaths. Implement cached
- Implement device fonts, preferably in a manner compatible with
Section 7.4 of the PLRM, 2nd ed.
- Implement calibrated colour spaces.
Juliusz Chroboczek, <email@example.com>.
Copyright © 2000-2001 by Juliusz Chroboczek
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any
person obtaining a copy of this material, to deal in it without
restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy,
modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of
this material, and to permit persons to whom this material is furnished
to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of this material.
- THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS
MATERIAL OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THIS MATERIAL.